Be ready when baby arrives
(HealthDay News) -- There's so much to do before your new baby arrives that a checklist can help lessen anxiety and help you prepare.
From emergency contacts to packing, here are checklist suggestions, courtesy of the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- All contact information for the hospital and the medical professional who will deliver your baby.
- Details about getting to the hospital, including directions and the proper entrance.
- Essential phone numbers, including an ambulance service and the numbers of anyone you want in the delivery room.
- Your bag for the hospital, which should include clothing, toiletries and loved ones' contact information.
- A properly installed car safety seat for your new baby.
- Care arrangements for your other children.
Copyright © 2016
All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.