Suggestions for how to cope
(HealthDay News) -- Everyone has stress, but some people deal with it better than others. Are you one of them?
The American Heart Association recommends:
- Stay in close contact with friends and family. Take time each day to laugh and enjoy life. Focus on giving back through volunteer work.
- Get exercise every day. Also get plenty of sleep.
- Be happy about the things you are able to change, and try not to worry about little things.
- Avoid bad habits, such as smoking, excess alcohol and too much caffeine.
- Stay organized and tackle tasks in small steps. Slow down, and leave extra time so you're not always in a rush.
Copyright © 2016
All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.