Warning signs you shouldn't ignore include changes in sleep habits
(HealthDay News) -- Children and teens aren't immune to stress and mental health issues, and parents should be aware of potential warning signs.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says don't ignore these behaviors from your children:
- Changes in sleep habits, whether sleeping excessively or not getting enough.
- Low self-esteem.
- Losing interest in once-enjoyed hobbies.
- In a sudden reversal, doing poorly in school.
- Losing appetite, or significant weight loss.
- Unusual changes in behavior, such as unexplained aggression or anger.
Copyright © 2016
All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.