Sample Media and/or Newsletter or Listserv Announcement
Cut and paste this text into your newsletter, listserv, or press release. Add local details and quotes from your organization.
Is your family ready for an emergency? Planning ahead can help keep you safe if a flood, fire, flu pandemic, terrorist attack, or other emergency strikes. During National Safety Month, [your organization] is working with community members to make sure families are safe.
Get prepared. Start by gathering an emergency kit and making a family emergency plan. Find out about the emergency resources that are available in your community.
- [Add details about your local activities.]
- [Include quote from your organization.]
Plan ahead. Here are a few simple items you can gather today to prepare for an emergency:
- At least 3 gallons of water for each member of your family
- Food for at least 3 days – choose foods that don’t need a refrigerator, like canned fruit, energy bars, peanut butter, and crackers
- Prescription medicines that you take every day, like heart or diabetes medicine
- A first aid kit to treat cuts, burns, and other injuries
For more information, visit [insert your organization information].