How it can help keep you healthier
(HealthDay News) -- Vitamin C has a history of being touted for its immune system-boosting properties. Besides citrus fruits, the vitamin also is found in tomatoes, strawberries, potatoes, red and green bell peppers, kiwi, Brussels sprouts and broccoli
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says vitamin C:
- Helps grow and repair bodily tissues.
- Promotes healthy bones, teeth, skin and cartilage.
- May help protect against some types of cancer and heart disease.
- May help reduce cartilage loss associated with osteoarthritis.
- May help reduce the duration of cold symptoms.
Copyright © 2016
All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.