Stay healthier together
(HealthDay News) -- To help keep your family healthier physically and emotionally, plan to do things together.
Here are suggestions from the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Set a good example by making healthier food choices and exercising regularly. Make a commitment as a family to getting and staying healthy.
- Cook more often at home. The food probably will be healthier, and eating is a great activity for the entire family. Offer a healthy breakfast every day.
- Involve your children in planning and creating healthy meals. Serve healthier snacks and foods, such as whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid sweets and chips.
- Encourage children to learn and listen to their body's signals for hunger and fullness. Show them that you only eat when hungry, not bored, angry or sad.
- Get outside to exercise and play, and encourage physical activities. Limit screen time.
Copyright © 2016
All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.