Ideas for what to include
(HealthDay News) -- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it's a good idea to have kids create their own nutritious start.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these ideas for what to include:
- A slice of whole-wheat toast, served with a slice of cheese and 100 percent whole-fruit juice.
- Milk with iron-fortified cereal topped with slices of banana.
- A tangerine with a whole-wheat tortilla, bread or waffle spread with peanut butter.
- Instant oatmeal topped with fresh fruit and milk, or cereal served with a scoop of frozen yogurt and fruit.
- A slice of leftover pizza, leftover macaroni and cheese, or spaghetti paired with a banana.
- Slices of cheese and apple between graham crackers or whole-wheat crackers.
Copyright © 2016
All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.