Suggestions for your skincare routine
(HealthDay News) -- If you want youthful skin, start with a regimen that protects your skin and keeps it healthy and glowing.
Here are recommendations from the American Academy of Dermatology:
- Wear sunscreen daily, stay in the shade and wear a hat to protect your skin from sun damage. Don't use a tanning bed!
- Moisturize your skin every day. Use moisturizer on your body and face, and lip balm.
- Twice daily, clean your skin with a gentle cleanser (no harsh soap) and warm water. Don't scrub the skin.
- Don't smoke, and eat a nutritious diet rich in healthier fats, lean proteins, fruits and vegetables.
- Make sure you get enough sleep each night.
Copyright © 2016
All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.