Herbs and greens add flavor and nutrients
(HealthDay News) -- A salad seems like a healthier choice, but there are ways to make it even more healthy.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics advises:
- Adding greens, vegetables and fruit.
- Adding avocado, which is rich in heart-healthy fats, fiber and vitamin E.
- Mixing in nutrient-rich herbs, such as parsley, thyme, sage and rosemary.
- Using an oil-based dressing.
- Using more unusual fruits, such as pomegranate seeds, watermelon, nectarines, grapes, cherries or apricots.
Copyright © 2016
All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.