You may still be able to walk on it
(HealthDay News) -- If your toe is broken, you may not be able to tell unless you know the warning signs. You may still be able to walk on a broken toe.
The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons mentions these symptoms:
- Hearing a sound when the toe breaks, or feeling pain at the time of the injury. The pain may go away after a few hours.
- Having a toe that appears abnormally formed.
- Having swelling or bruising of the toe.
- Having pain that subsides during rest and returns during activity.
- Having pain when you touch the toe.
Copyright © 2016
All rights reserved.
HealthDayNews articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. healthfinder.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories. For more information on health topics in the news, visit Health News on healthfinder.gov.
Note: Documents in PDF format require the Adobe Acrobat Reader®. If you experience problems with PDF documents, please download the latest version of the Reader®.